Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Laksa

Tampoi Laksa, I'm sure many of the locals in JB will know this place. I have been eating at this place since I was a small boy so to say that this place has been around for ages. The only thing is that they were forced to move a few times ever since the old Tampoi street was on fire by purpose to make way for the highway, etc...
Yes, for you who know about this place & knew about it, arent you glad that I am posting it now so that you can go back and relieve those taste buds to remind you of the old times.
Their good for their Laksa, Rojak, Cuttlefish w Kang Kong and my favourite, the blanced cockles, locally its called 'SeaHam'. You may say that everywhere also can get boiled seaham but believe it or not, this is the only place I eat it as they have been consistently fresh and never got tummy ache before and their chilli with nuts & lime goes very well with it. (Thats my opinion)

If any 5 star top service anybody can rave about, this small family business service will blow you away. They shout at each other while taking orders but never once have they got an order wrong and you can never complain about their service.

I think they close on Wednesdays. Open for dinner only. Its a small roadside stall. No address so I will describe how to go there from the highway. When you are along the highway from Danga Bay or from the Royal Johor Country club, go on the highway towards Angsana Plaza, Keep left and go up the Angsana bridge then turn right in the direction of Angsana Plaza. Once you turn right, keep left straight away as when you have crossed the bridge, you need to make the first left turn into the old tampoi area. Drive for another 80-100m and it will be on your right at a corner junction. Lots of people is your landmark. If I do get a picture of the place, I will upload it. Do try it & let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. de taste not same dy.... last time better.... but still ok wif me lah...

    ReplyDelete